5.20.2005

A Little Closure...

Usually, I don't name that many names in my posts. But, here and now it's appropriate.

I will miss Daniel. It's hard to see someone you grow to care about in so much pain. You think you can help, but really they have to help themselves. There is no other way. (And for those of you who may be lost to what the heck I'm talking about, I'll fill you in later).

Talking to him lastnight on the phone was like a formal goodbye. I knew what he was going to say and he knew what I was going to say. It helped resolve this issue for me. It's just such a sad situation for him to be in. I wish I could help.

However, I feel completely empowered. I was like a battery slowly fading out and losing my power; now I've been recharged. How lovely a feeling that is. I'm stronger than I thought. I can handle the cold hard truth better than I thought (and I found that I seek it out).

If nothing else, I learned about myself through this experience. I'm a pretty down-to-earth, honest girl. It's just good to know.

But I did take other things away from this experience. I got some wonderful kisses (heck yeah!). And whether or not he knew it, he really made me smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment