10.02.2005

To live or not to live

My life has been a complete blur. It's no secret that I had a bad week in general last week. But there is one thing death does do, if anything good at all, it makes you appreciate life.

The day after my uncle died, I walked around campus and just payed attention to life: you know, the birds gliding in the breeze, the trees (which represent life themselves), people walking by and the clouds moving above. The tick tock nature of life is a humbling thing when observed.

Walking around, really noticing life, made me appreciate it so much more. It gave me a boost of confidence to live life to fullest--WHY did I spend a whole week complaining? What a fucking waste. I could have saved a small country with the energy I put into whining and worrying.

Yeah, and I know--those bursts of appreciation for life tend to come and go. But, losing another loved one in my life--that's a reality that will forever make me appreciate what I have. I am alive...and Uncle Paul won't let me forget that. The short 52 years he was alive...he lived, man. And I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment